Friday 23 March 2018

EVIE: AN INTERVIEW WITH CATHY CASSIDY

Reader Evie met Cathy Cassidy recently in Lancashire at one of the school events on her LOVE FROM LEXIE book tour and brought along lots of her books to be signed... she had a few questions for Cathy, too!


Would you ever want to be something else instead of an author?
At the moment, no... I love what I do. But one day, who knows? I've done lots of other things in the past, after all! Maybe I'd start a craft business or even an animal sanctuary!

Would you ever write about science or another subject instead of children’s books or write a journal?
Science isn't my passion, or indeed my skill, so I'm not sure I'd be the best person to write a science book. Some subjects do inspire me - history and art especially, and sometimes politics! However, if i were to write about those things I'd still rather do it in novel form! I do keep a journal, some of the time at least!

Where do you get your inspiration from?
Everywhere! Things I see, hear, remember, imagine... and then I daydream, and if I'm really lucky, a story takes shape!

Who was your favourite author growing up?
I had so many - as a result of reading all of my books from public libraries, I got to read very widely. I loved CS Lewis, LM Montgomery, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Arthur Ransome, Richard Adams, Susan Coolidge, Frances Hodgson Burnett and so many more!

I am loving LOVE FROM LEXIE and my favourite character is Bex. What is your favourite book you’ve ever written?
Cheesy answer, but it's always the latest one - because only when a book is 'released into the wild' does it become totally real to me! Very soon, though, I think it will be SAMI'S SILVER LINING, the sequel to LEXIE, because it was such an emotional and powerful story to research and write! (Glad you’re loving LEXIE, too!)

Which is your favourite book fromThe Chocolate Box Girls/Boy series?
I'd pick CHERRY CRUSH as it's the first, but I love them all in different ways... it was so hard to step away from that series!

Pepsi or Coco-Cola?
Ha! I don't like either! I'm not keen on fizzy drinks at all, but Cola would be my least favourite. When I was small, Cream Soda was my fave pop flavour!

Cathy says:
Brilliant interview from Evie - it was too good not to share! If YOU have any questions... fire me an email, I am always happy to answer!

1 comment:

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...