Sunday 25 February 2018

DEAR FUTURE ME...

Last summer, we ran a 'LOVE FROM LEXIE' letter writing comp which asked you to write a letter to your future self... this one wasn't the winner, but it's so beautiful I just had to share!

Dear Future Me...
I hope you have found yourself by now and have accomplished all our dreams... and I hope you have learned to love and trust others again. Most of all, I hope some of the decisions I made have not affected you negatively. I hope you never go back to feeling depressed and worthless because you are neither of those things. There are many who love you and I hope you make the most of the time you have with them. After all, it could all be over in the blink of an eye.

I hope that you have never lost your own voice, your own self, while trying to live up to other people's expectations. Never give up on all those things that matter, that make all the pain you had to go through worth it. I hope you can cherish the friends and family who have always supported you. Don't ever let fame or money go to your head because I made an awful lot of sacrifices to focus on reaching for our dreams and on getting better. I hope you are still inspiring people just like us who are warriors fighting depression or any other illness or condition like epilepsy. I hope our future is bright.

PS: I hope that not giving up on life was worth it!

Lots of love, 
A Dreamer... xxx

Cathy says:
This entry gave me shivers... it's so honest and raw, yet so full of hope and promise. I hope things get better for the writer, but her determination shines through so I'm hopeful they will! What would YOU say to your future self? COMMENT BELOW to have your say!

No comments:

Post a Comment

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...