Thursday 15 June 2017

LOVE FROM LEXIE... IT'S HERE!!!

Hijacking the reader blog today to tell you all about my new book, LOVE FROM LEXIE, the first in the brand new LOST & FOUND series, out now... whoop!


Cathy says:
At last... LOVE FROM LEXIE is released into the wild, and I'm waiting with baited breath to hear what you guys think of it! It's in all good bookshops and online book hubs now, and should be in your school/local library before long too! (You can always remind the librarians you're looking for it!) It's the first in a new series about a bunch of misfit teens who accidentally form a band... and save a library too! I thought I'd tell you some of my inspirations for the story...

My kids, both musicians, have been brainwashing me for years with their various bands, songs, festivals and gigs, and all of that was brilliant background when it came to writing about Lexie and her friends! I even had a crash course in writing lyrics... lots of fun!

My love of libraries also managed to sneak into the story... and two extra-fab librarian friends formed the inspiration for LOVE FROM LEXIE's ultra-cool librarian character, the pink-haired vintage-wearing Miss Walker! This character borrowed a name and a hair colour from librarian Angie (see pic, right!), who recently campaigned tirelessly to save Newarthill Library in Scotland... and succeeded! I'll be doing a library event there in the autumn to help celebrate... maybe I'll see you there! The other inspiration for Miss Walker was my fab librarian friend Natalie, who hasn't had pink hair (yet) but has rocked turquoise, purple and silver colours! She helped to show me just how exciting libraries an be, with open mics, teen poetry nights and lots more. I'll be doing an event soon one of Natalie's lovely Worcestershire libraries too, so keep an eye on the EVENTS page on cathycassidy.com for more details - I'll update as soon as I know!

There's one last inspiration I'd like to mention - a very cool tortoise called Mary Shelley. She belongs to a friend of my daughter, and Cait often looks after her when her rightful owner is away. Mary Shelley inspired a tortoise-type character of the same name in the book - and she might even be my very favourite character! The pic shows Mary having an adventure with Cait and her friends beside a sunset lake in the Peak District... awww!

LOVE FROM LEXIE is out NOW - and if you've got your hands on a copy already, please think about sending me a review for DREAMCATCHER. I'd LOVE to know what you think! Send your reviews to me by email via the 'email Cathy' link over on cathycassidy.com - and COMMENT BELOW to let me know what you think!

4 comments:

  1. I've nearly finished reading it, and it's amazing so far! I love the concept, and I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished Love from lexie, omg it was amazing, i really like the way you slightly overlapped it with another series (i have already said too much)��,Ly this is definitely one of my favourite books by you (i have read them all��) and I think the characters backstories will definitely relate to some people!!
    Ly

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG GUYS!!!
    IM SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!
    So i was sitting in my boring English class and someone knocked on the door and said they needed to give a letter out and it appeared at my desk with my name on it and it said on he top;

    AUTHOR VISIT- CATHY CASSIDY

    I GET TO MEET CATHY CASSIDY AND GET MY BOOKS SIGNED BY HER ON WEDNESDAY!!

    I literally melted on the spot im soooooooooooooo excited

    THANK YOU CATHY

    Afifah
    X

    ReplyDelete

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...