Saturday 15 April 2017

THE TEENAGE GUIDE TO FRIENDS!

My fab author friend NICOLA MORGAN has a brand new book out... I asked her to tell you all about it!
Nicola says:
Hello to Cathy's lovely readers! This might be the first time a non-fiction book has been on DREAMCATCHER? I love fiction and non-fiction equally, though it has to have a topic I want to read about, otherwise I'm not going to be engaged by it. So let me tell you why you might be interested in THE TEENAGE GUIDE TO FRIENDS!

It's about the science of friendship. (Science? Me? My school science teachers would be amazed!) Anyway, TTGF explains why people behave the way they do. You know when someone is mean or annoying you? Maybe a friend says something undermining? How you don't feel so comfortable with some people as others? Or a friendship seems to be falling apart? Or perhaps there's group behaviour going on. It feels horrible - until you realise it's most likely not about you: everyone has stuff going on in their heads that makes them behave the way they do. There are a million reasons why people act the way they do. And only one of those possible reasons is you, so probably isn't you!

When we understand this, we can stop beating ourselves up and become empowered to control what we can, feel better about ourselves, walk away from situations or stand up to them: whichever we want. You can't change people and you shouldn't have to. Just focus on your real friends. And one good friend is all you need - it's not about how many friends, but how good your friend is.

Sometimes you might find yourself surrounded by all the wrong people and it's really hard to find friends. If that's how it is for you now,, look ahead to brighter times. Everything changes. THE TEENAGE GUIDE TO FRIENDS has loads of explanations, some science and psychology and lots of tips and strategies.I hope it will make you feel better about yourself and your friends!

TOP TIP: Do something nice for a friend today! It can be something really small and it doesn't have to cost money. They'll feel good and so will you!

Cathy says:
I know from my letters, emails and messages that lots of you struggle with friendships, so I think this book is something we could all do with! I believe in the message so much that I wrote the foreword for it... give it a try, I don't think you'll regret it! Do YOU have good friends or have you struggled to form close connections with others? COMMENT BELOW to have your say!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like the perfect book, I could have used this a few years ago when I had a lot of problems with friendships, I understand more now what a true friend is and learnt how to work on a friendship but I would definitely still read this book now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it could have helped me a lot last year, and probably still could though there's no way to turn back time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, sometimes we learn the hard way, don't we? :( Sorry that had to happen to you but really glad it sounds as though things are better for both of you now. xx

    ReplyDelete

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...