Sunday 18 December 2016

WHAT'S YOUR CHRISTMAS STYLE?

Readers tell us which pieces of clothing help them to get into the Christmas spirit... Christmas jumper? Festive PJs? Take your pick!

Cait says:
I have had a few Christmas jumpers over the years but I don't like the ones that are too cheesy, they just look cheap and nasty. Which is OK if it's just a throwaway Christmas thing, but then again... a bit of a waste! I got this last year in the sales, I chose it myself and it was a lot better than the one my gran had got me, which was nice but something I knew I just wouldn't wear. This is warm and bright and has a bit of a vintage feel, and it keeps me warm which is the main thing! My favourite Christmas item to wear was always my reindeer onesie, but I think the novelty of that may have finally worn off! Or maybe I'll wear it on Christmas morning to keep nice and toasty while I'm opening my pressies... ;o)

Lola says:
I live in India, and my family don't celebrate Christmas. We do Diwali! But I LOVE Christmas and I do have a Christmas jumper, so I thought I would share! The hat says "Li'l Elf" but the letters inverted because it's a selfie!

Maura says:
We have a tradition of wearing fake antlers at Christmas... even the dog! This year they came out early and my brother even wore them to school one day...

Jo says:
We always  get a new coat before Christmas and wear it to church for midnight mass. This year mine is a little red duffel coat with wooden toggles. I love it so much and it could not be more Christmassy. I am not allowed to wear it properly until Christmas Eve so I am literally counting the days! Is it wrong to wish for snow?

Rose says:
I got my Christmas pyjamas in November. There was Christmas music playing in all the shops and a part of me thought that it was MUCH too early and another part just really wanted Christmas to come! I was humming along to 'All I Want For Christmas' when suddenly in a charity shop I saw these pyjamas. They were brand new with the labels still on, and in my size - perfect! They've really helped me get into the Christmas mood. I was calling them my 'lucky Christmas pyjamas' but I'm not sure they are - I spilled milk from my cereal on them at breakfast. This afternoon I was dancing around to 'Christmas Must Be Something More' by Taylor Swift whilst trying to eat a posh pickled cucumber out of the jar - I ended up getting vinegar all over myself! Never dance in your PJs while holding an open jar of pickled cucumbers...

Cathy says:
Aww, love these posts! What is YOUR fave thing to wear this Christmas? COMMENT BELOW to have your say!

2 comments:

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...