Monday 1 February 2016

KATHRYN: MORE OF ME!

My lovely writer pal Kathryn Evans is about to publish her first book... and it's amazing! Read on to find out more...

Kathryn says:
Thanks so much for hosting me on DREAMCATCHER, Cathy! It's lovely to say hi to some of your readers and introduce them to the characters of my new book, MORE OF ME. Teva has a very strange life. She seems normal but at home she hides an impossible secret: eleven other Tevas. Once a year, Teva splits in two, leaving a younger version of herself stuck at the same age, forced to watch the new Teva taking over her life and even her name.She'll become Sixteen just as her former selves became Fifteen and Fourteen, right back to Six. Not surprisingly, Teva has no intention of letting that happen but while she's fighting for her future, the rest of the household are fighting boredom. I imagine they do a lot of reading so I asked them what kind of books they like...

Eight:
I love reading, especially spy stuff. I read loads of Enid Blyton FAMOUS FIVE books but now my favourites are Robin Stevens WELLS AND WONG books. Hazel and Daisy do loads of investigating and solve murders and everything. I'd love to be a detective, I think I'd be really good. I am excellent at listening at doors...

Eleven:
I completely love HARRY POTTER - Hermione is like my favourite character. I love her so much - she's got like amazing hair and is so clever, She's actually really good at working out mysteries too. I wish I could do magic... I'd magic Fifteen to stop being so moody. I bet she won't even tell you what books she likes.

Fifteen:
I'm not moody, and yes I will, actually. My favourite books are by Holly Black - she writes modern fairy tales.

Eleven & Eight:
Fairy tales? Bleugh!

Fifteen:
Modern fairy tales, you idiots, with really cool people in them. They're amazing. Her characters are so real and even though they have terrible forces working against them they never give up.

Eight:
Fifteen believes in fairies!

Fifteen:
You are so dumb. I can't believe I was you once.

Teva:
What about me? You didn't ask me, and I'm the main character!

Oh, sure, Teva, what kind of books do you like?

Teva:
When would I have time for reading? My life is a massive mess and I've got a ton of homework to do, how am I supposed to find time for reading?

That's where we'll leave them, I think! How about you? What kind of books do you like?

Kathryn Evans writes books for young adults; her debut novel, MORE OF ME, is published by Usborne.  http://www.usborne.com/catalogue/catalogue.aspx?id=9827
Find out more at www.kathrynevans.ink

Cathy says:
I have my copy already... and I can't put it down! Check it out! And... oh yes... what ARE your favourite kind of books? COMMENT BELOW to have your say!

17 comments:

  1. I know this wasn't the question asked, but I have to say this anyway...I love the other Tevas talking to each other. I do that with my characters sometimes, have them answer a question and talk to each other in a sort of self-aware space. It's a good character development idea, I find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Caitlin - it makes you think about yourself too, what parts of you you like and what parts of you you're maybe not so sure of!

      Delete
  2. Wow, this book sounds really intriguing! I'll have to keep a note of this because I want to read it. And I have to agree with Fifteen, I read Tithe by Holly Black when I was in S2 (it was actually in the senior section of the school library but being on good terms with the librarian had its benefits!) and I absolutely adored it. Kaye seemed real to me, definitely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Holly Black as well - have you read the new on e, in The Darkest part of The Forest? It's a bit creep but I loved it!

      Delete
  3. After reading this I bought the book, and I've just finished it! I won't give anything away, but it was amazing, I'd definitely recommend it! It was really unpredictable and different from anything else I've read, and brilliant to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Girl Online books. They're so funny and there's loads of drama! I recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read those - will have to give them a try!

      Delete
  5. I love all kinds of books; especially books with humour ,action and drama!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi cathy you came to my school today please can you write a book about me and my friends we made a club called nature club. to support snowmen, roses, snails, ducks, catcus, leaves, frogs and more thank you and what are you day dreaming tips

    ReplyDelete
  7. please write a book about me and my friends nature club

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will definitely give MORE OF ME a try- sounds like a creepy yet interesting book! I love books by Cathy Cassidy (obviously) and Jacqueline Wilson too! The Ruby Redfort books by Lauren Child are worth a read, seriously!!! If you've written any other young teen book, Kathryn, please post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet but I'm working on it Bianca! I love Lauren Child - will definitely look out for Ruby Redfort

      Delete
  9. Cathy Cassidy book's are my favourite, of course!!! Who doesn't love crazy Honey, Sky, Summer, Coco, and my favourite, Cherry. I think I'll give that MORE OF ME a spin. Still, Cathy, you will always be my favourite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just an update: I spotted the book in WH Smith the other day and bought it (obviously). I'm over halfway through it now and I love it! It's so well-written, well done Kathryn! I love the story too, it's so unusual and unpredictable.

    ReplyDelete

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...