Monday 25 January 2016

CC READERS AROUND THE WORLD...

CC books are translated into 28 different languages and enjoyed by readers all around the world... want to meet a few?

Prerana says:
I live in NEPAL and I am fourteen years old. My uncle used to live next door to us, but he had to move and when he moved he wanted to give me a gift as a farewell. He went to the book shop and asked for a good book for a teenage girl, and they suggested Cathy Cassidy's book SCARLETT. So I was given it as a gift and I read and loved the story very much. I became a crazy fan of Cathy Cassidy! I have now started reading more of the books though they are not always easy to find here! I love the characters. I am now finding out more about Cathy from the Facebook page and website and I plan to read many more books!

Rianne says:
I live in MALTA, which is an island in the Mediterranean. I love Cathy's books - they are so addicting! The first Cathy Cassidy book I read was SUMMER'S DREAM - I loved it so much and it is still my favourite! I really identified with Summer as I love music and have similar dreams to hers, but obviously with music not dance. I got the book from the school library where we have a whole shelf full of Cathy's books. I borrow CC books from the public library too, and I have started ordering the books online so I can have them to keep as well. Coco Caramel has just arrived, I cannot wait to start reading it! I could come up with many great adjectives to describe the books, but the best one I think is 'incredible'. My dream is that when I grow up, I will write books just like Cathy's!

Manon says:
I am fourteen and I live in France, and I've been a big fan of Cathy Cassidy books since I was ten. I discovered the first one thanks to a friend and I adored it straight away. I then began to collect the series LES FILLES AUX CHOCOLAT and look forward to the publication of every new book. I even have the French special editions and the casket edition and two of the graphic novels. Last year there was a book festival at Gradignan, just 15km from my home, and after it was finished I learned that Cathy had been there signing books. I had not known this and I was so disappointed! I love all of the sisters in the series, but I am attached particularly to Cherry for her sweetness and her kindness. Sometimes I even dream of going to meet the characters because I feel I know them so well! I am happy to speak out for the French people who read and love Cathy Cassidy's books. I hope she will go on writing and I wish her lots of luck!

Cathy says:
I love getting emails, FB messages and letters from readers all around the world... it amazes me that people are reading and loving the books all around the world! Are YOU a CC reader who lives outside the UK? If you'd like to be featured on DREAMCATCHER, just email via the 'email Cathy' link over on www.cathycassidy.com - and do COMMENT BELOW to have your say on this feature!

2 comments:

  1. My friends went to France and bought your books so obviously they read your books in France. And in America, they have all of your books there ( my cousins love your books - they bought them in America when I suggested some holiday reads) Your a worldwide author Cathy! :) :D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your fabulous books in Canada, now living in UK and have collected them all!!!

    ReplyDelete

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...