Saturday 3 October 2015

TATTOO YOU?

Would you ever have a tattoo? Readers share their views on skin and ink…

Maya says: 
I don't mind tattoos - I believe people should do whatever they want with their own bodies. I'm fine with other people having tattoos, but I wouldn't do it myself as I probably wouldn't be able to handle the pain!

Alisha says:
I'm not so keen on tattoos. Small, private ones are OK but the big, all-over kind I find a bit scary!

Nicola says:
I LOVE tattoos… honestly, I think they look beautiful. Sadly, I am scared of needles, so I wouldn't get one myself, but I wrote a story about a boy who lost his girlfriend and then became a tattoo artist as he wanted something in his life to be permanent.

Violet says:
Got one, want more. They are a good way of expressing yourself and commemorating special events/people/pets. I love them… I want lots! I have so many designs planned, including two half-sleeves, and all of them mean something. One day, I will be able to prove my age to sceptical tattooists. One day…

Saffy says:
I love them. I have three so far, all on my back, two small ones and one bigger one. I'd like to get more eventually, but they're expensive!

Kym says:
I don't have any and don't plan to, but I have friends who are covered in them and I don't have a problem with that. It annoys me when people start on the whole 'why should I cover them up for my employer' rant, because when you get a job you are representing your employer and not yourself… but that's a whole other can of worms!

Hazel says:
I'm not a fan of tattoos, and it's a pretty safe bet to say I will never get one! I know some people like them and I love some of the beautiful designs, but imagine when you're eighty… it is not going to look good with wrinkly skin! Tattoos are permanent, even the smallest ones, and they hurt going on too. I think you have to really, really like them and know that they will go with your style of dress for years, or at least be easy to cover up. A definite 'no' from me, but if you like them and think you'll like them when you're eighty, then go ahead!

Scarlett says:
I like tattoos - my mum has three - but I am not so keen when people have a whole 'sleeve'. One or two images seems more meaningful, as you can't always see what a whole arm of images is meant to represent. I hope to get a tattoo one day to symbolise my love of music, but I think they hurt and I am not looking forward to that!

Awesome artwork by reader Claire Henderson… thank you!

Cathy says:
I don't have any tattoos, but find them fascinating… and I have friends (and a son!) who have been inked. Perhaps they're just a permanent statement of who you are and what matters to you? Would YOU ever take the plunge? COMMENT BELOW to tell us why - or why not!

6 comments:

  1. Not in my interest. If I did it would be small and I would have to want to. I don't and I know it hurts anyway, could not stand that. I understand them though, what they mean to people. I know people that have them, which does not bother me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan to get Moments tattooed on my wrist when I'm older. Otherwise I'm staying well away!
    ~El

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not particularly, no. I'm generally quite weird when it comes to that stuff. I don't plan on ever getting my ears pierced and I don't really plan on getting a tattoo. I'm not against piercings and tattoos I'm just one of those people who don't really want them on my own skin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't like needles either so....

    ReplyDelete
  5. and I don't want any other pirceings in my body other then studs in my ears.

    ReplyDelete

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...