Wednesday 14 October 2015

KRYS: HE DOESN'T WANT TO KNOW ME...

It's problem page time here on DREAMCATCHER… and it's Skye's turn to play agony aunt. Will she have the right advice for reader Krys?

Krys says:
I have never been so unhappy in my whole life, and I have no idea what I did wrong, what I did to deserve it. I am fourteen and I have had a crush on a boy in my class, James (not his real name) for months. Last weekend we were at a party and at the end of the night, James kissed me. We went outside and talked for ages and kissed a lot, and he said he'd liked me for ages too. I was so happy. I felt like I was floating on this big, happy cloud all of Sunday. Then, on Monday, at school, he cut me dead… just looked straight through me as if he'd never seen me before. I was so upset. My friend eventually asked him what was going on and he said I should stop stalking him and leave him alone, get the hint. His friends were all laughing. I am not the coolest or prettiest girl in the school but I don't think I deserve to be treated this way. I have tried messaging him online but he has blocked me. I feel so ashamed, and so, so hurt. What can I do?

Skye says:
This boy is so immature it's a miracle he can tie his own shoelaces. He's selfish and thoughtless and he probably has no idea just how much hurt he has caused… I have seen it happen to my sisters, and trust me, boys like this make me very angry indeed. For what it's worth, I think he probably did like you… but he's not mature enough to handle a relationship and he's taken the coward's way out by pretending he never liked you at all. It's his loss… and sometime soon he may wake up to what he has thrown away, but of course, by then it will be too late. He's weak and cowardly and you can do much, much better than him, I promise. Are you going to let him make you feel bad? Don't give him the satisfaction. Hold you head high and blank him… refuse to let him see how much he's hurt you. Yes, it will be an act, to start with at least, but in time you will feel better, stronger for it. Not all teen romances last, but a boy who kisses you on Saturday and ignores you on Monday is a loser, pure and simple. You are worth so much more than this… chalk the experience down to bad luck, move on… and don't look back.

Cathy says:
Do YOU agree with Skye's advice? What else would YOU add to help Krys get over this bad experience? COMMENT BELOW to have your say...

No comments:

Post a Comment

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...