Monday 28 September 2015

MY AWESOME HOLIDAY: A TRIP TO WONDERLAND!

Reader Sasha describes an amazing holiday in Moscow… with a trip to Wonderland thrown in for good luck!

Sasha says:
This summer had a real Alice in Wonderland theme for me, in more ways than one.

First of all, I went on holiday to Moscow, the capital city of Russia. We go over to Russia every year to see our family - both my mum and dad come from Moscow and my grandparents and cousins still live there. But I was born in Edinburgh, and have always lived here.

Moscow is an awesome place to visit - there are lots of interesting things to see. This year, though, there was an amazing Alice in Wonderland exhibition. There were lots of big rooms - the White Rabbit's house, a room with the White Queen's throne and the Queen of Hearts' throne, a gigantic teacup the size of me and lots more besides! I even got to be a part of the Mad Hatter's tea party which was very cool!

When we came back from Moscow, it was Festival  time in Edinburgh, and the Edinburgh Book Festival was under way… we booked tickets to see Cathy Cassidy talking about her new novel LOOKING GLASS GIRL. The book has a Wonderland theme but with a modern twist! I had already read LOOKING GLASS GIRL and loved it. I liked how Cathy described the Alice-themed sleepover in little flashbacks, so that you only find out what has actually happened near the end of the book. It was lovely to meet Cathy - a great end to a real Wonderland summer!

Cathy says:
Wow… what a holiday… and what fab pictures! Brilliant, Sasha. What has YOUR fave holiday been? COMMENT BELOW to tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...