Monday 20 October 2014

HONEYBEE WISHES...

At my recent Tidelines book festival event, the fab librarians set up lots of fun activities and a wishing 'hive' with honeybee wishes was one of them… readers had to write their wish onto the back of a honeybee made from card, then hide it away in the honeycomb! I asked readers to share their wishes on my Facebook Fanpage and added some of those in too… here are some that caught my eye...


I wish I could grow up to do my dream job…

I wish there would be no more war and violence, and that there was a cheap and easy way to cure deadly diseases like cancer and Ebola… the world would be a much better place if war and disease were under control.

I wish for health and happiness for all our bees!

There are far too many children all over the world who are unhappy, scared, hungry, homeless, in danger. I wish we could unite as a community all across the world to help the children!

I wish to be an extremely successful author and be the 'next' Cathy Cassidy!

I wish that wars could be avoided through negotiation and peace talks. People should not have to die just because politicians and leaders disagree.

I wish we could be a happy family…

I wish people understood more about mental health issues and supported those who suffer… nobody should have to go through it all alone.

I wish that I'll be able to make the right decisions for a happy life!

I wish that those who feel they don't have a voice could be heard. If we listen to each other we might actually be able to make a difference without resorting to violence...

I wish that me and my best friend could be close again the way we used to be.

I wish the mayor of Liverpool would change his mind about closing eleven libraries because he is going to destroy my city and I feel so sad about it.

I wish my granddad would get well…

I wish I could see the future because I worry a lot about what will happen to me and my family and whether we will manage. My dad lost his job and money is short and it makes you scared.

I wish I had a cute labrador puppy!

I wish people would stop being selfish and try to understand those around them because it would make the world a happier and more peaceful place.

I wish for another amazing Cathy Cassidy series after the Chocolate Box Girls is finished!

I wish I could have more wishes!

Cathy says:
Awww, some very bittersweet wishes there! What would YOU wish for? COMMENT BELOW to tell all!

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could be myself at school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... I hope that comes true.


      The Person Who Hopes That Good Wishes Come True

      Delete
  2. I wish you would come back to school....

    ReplyDelete

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...