Wednesday 6 August 2014

SUMMER STYLE REPORT: FESTIVAL HEADRESSES!

Are YOU going to a music festival this year? Style reporter Manda picks up on the boho cool with these fun flower headresses. Over the top or festival-funky? You decide…

Pic one…
Manda says:
The yellow and pink headband was one of my favourites of the whole bunch… I loved the vibrant colours and how they all went together; and the different flowers and the little leafy bits in between, rather than having all the flowers crammed in together. Yep… a thumbs up!

Cathy says:
Colourful, cool, bright and happy… OK, it might be a bit too much to wear every day, but in a festival setting it would be perfect. Happiness in headband form. Channel your inner hippy chick… Dizzy would approve!

Pic two…
Manda says:
I like the daisy bunny ears, but I personally get more of an Easter vibe from them so I don't think I would wear this much at this time of year - festival or no festival! It's not that I can't look at actual bunnies without thinking Easter, it's more the idea of humans randomly wearing bunny ears on their heads. Bunny ears mades of DAISIES…

Cathy says:
I can see how these flowery rabbit ears might appeal… a perfect cross between festival fancy-dress and the whole flower-crown vibe that's so big right now. They might turn a few heads in Tesco, but they'd win you smiles and free hugs at a festival. Would you dare?

Pic three…
Manda says:
These little ears are cute. They look like cat ears to my eyes, and I like cats a LOT (except that they have to be carnivores, but that is another story…). I like the colours, too. I would definitely wear these for a festival… they're purr-itty!

Cathy says:
Although she loves the cat's ears headdress, Manda looks a little bit unsure this look…. or maybe she is channeling her inner feline look? There's no doubt about it, you need to be happy and confident with the look to carry off these ears, so if in doubt, steer clear!

Pic four…
Manda says:
I wasn't sure about this headdress at first, but it's grown on me. (No… not literally!) It's big, eye-catching, quirky and kind of hippy-style, and I think I need more of that in my life!

Cathy says:
Well, I was saying you need confidence for some of these looks… this one most of all! In a group of friends at a festival on a hot summer's day, though, this headdress really makes a statement. Would I wear it? Nope. But the question is… would YOU?


Cathy says: 
Time for you to cast your votes… which one do YOU like best? And least? Would you wear them? COMMENT BELOW to have your say!

12 comments:

  1. i love all the headresses! i got a flower garland with white flowers in claire's about three weeks ago and i LOVE it! i don't dislike anything here... who would?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool.... your a great modeller Manda!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, you're too kind! :)

      Manda

      Delete
  3. I don't like fake flowers - what's the point of them when you can have real flowers with scents? But of these, the cat ears I think are the cutest :P - Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little cat ears, they're ADORABLE! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a few flowery things. I love daisies so the bunny ears are my fave but they are a bit big and bold for me to wear (I'd probably take them off). Out of the rest, I like the first

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are these all from River Island?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not 100% sure about the flower crown, but I do believe they were :)

      Manda

      Delete
  7. I like pic 2 and 3, ears are cute :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cute little cat ears(even though each one is great) great buys!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the ears - especially the pink feline ones! I don't have the confidence or personality to wear the last headdress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha the random face was just me being silly, not expressing any kind of doubts about the accessory in question! XD My face just does random things at random times...

    Manda xxx

    ReplyDelete

EMILY: INSPIRED TO HELP REFUGEES

Reader Emily, aged ten, explains how a Cathy Cassidy book inspired her to raise money for a refugee charity... Emily says: The Cathy Cassidy...